Luton Angling Club Weekly News Report for the Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire & St Neots Cambridgeshire Area - Week Ending 22nd September 2019

 GREAT OUSE

Wojciech had a rare Ouse barbel

Message received from member Andy Chappell
'My father used to take me fishing upstream at Lavendon Mill when I was a lad. Saturday 14th September I went back for the first time in over 35 years. I fish using traditional tackle and methods (split cane rod, centre pin reel, hand made floats etc) I had a wonderful days fishing, full of memories of past visits. I caught my first ever tench weighing a touch over 5lbs and several jack pike along with the usual small perch, bream, roach, chub and bleak. Thank you to the club for maintaining this wonderful stretch of the Great Ouse. I will be returning soon I hope, and maybe catch some of the huge perch I used to with my dad'

NORTH HOUSE LAKE
Dave Brown a personal best mirror with the Wanderer at 31lb



Dean Brittain a personal best with Pecs at 29lb 8oz plus a 20lb 8oz common both fish being caught off the top


Richard Emmerson 24lb 12oz long dark common

Daniel Keefe a nice dark common


BECKERINGS RESERVOIR
Many thanks to Adam and his team at Beckerings for delivering the wood for the platform rebuild.
It was a massive help as its peg 15 down the far end of the reservoir.

Jamie Squires first time fishing Beckerings Reservoir caught the Half Lin in the early hours this morning at 33lb 6oz witnessed and weight verified by two other members. A new UK pb for Jamie!





Steve Durrington 30lb 8oz mirror

Chris Farmer smashed his pb mirror with this 28lb 6oz specimen

Tom Harris with a 21lb scaley mirror

Paul Gritton had 5 carp





SOUTH LAGOON
Junior Aston Offer caught a 5-6lb pike


MATCH RESULT
Report received from the Tavern Otters Eastern Enfield A.S. match on the Ouse at Wyboston, on Sunday 15th September:
1. D. FLYNN 12. 0.0
2. J. IONTTON 7. 2.0
3. D. BEECH 3. 9.0
'The winning weight consisted of a bag of Roach, caught on Hemp/Tares. The second weight was also Roach on Hemp/Tares.
We had 13 members attend the match, the total weight was 46. 3.0.
Everyone enjoyed the day and thought it was a good venue and they were all keen to fish it again next season, but maybe slightly later on, as the fishing would have benefited from a bit more flow and especially colour'

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment